« »

Monday 9 November 2009

Hum aur hamari azadi?


Junoon say aur ishq say milti hai Azadi;
Qurbani ki baho mein milti hai azadi.
The inspirational words are of the song Junoon se which moves me to tears everytime I hear it. Do my tears help my country? No. So what do I do then to help my country? Study hard so that I can make it to the best university in the world and come back and help be something productive? How can I do that when my school is closed? This is question number one to the Government of Pakistan.
Apart from that, how can I help? I should make myself aware of the status quo. How do I do that? Turn on the news and view what’s going on. Will the constant bloodshed and asinine statements of my government uplift my spirits so that I can be inspired to do something (mind you, this “something” still remains unknown)? This is question number two to my government which has a social contract by which it promises to protect my brothers, sisters and I.
How else should I do whatever I can to assist in bringing my country out of this crisis? Should I be a law-abiding citizen? When the law-makers can’t follow the law, is it fair for me to be expected to follow it? When it feels like there is no law, what am I even supposed to follow? Everytime I come into my country from abroad, customs searches me. Is it fair that the 202 Blackwater personnel, traveling via PK 786, were given the green light to enter without this hassle despite the fact that not only are they not Pakistani citizens but they are also one of the massive problems contributing to the destruction of my country? This is the third question to the honourable defenders of our rights and sovereignty.

No comments:

Post a Comment